At TaylorMade Wellness, we use a variety of diagnostic tools to assess the health of our
patients. We use both local BC labs (Life Labs) as well as Functional Lab tests, which are located in the USA or Germany.
Below are a list of just a few we offer:
- DUTCH Test: A comprehensive dried urine test that measures estrogen, progesterone,
testosterone, DHEA, cortisol and melatonin. It provides an in depth look at hormonal
balance and adrenal status.
- Food Allergy/Sensitivity Testing: A blood test or finger prick test used to assess sensitivities to hundreds of different foods. Different food panels are available depending
on your individual needs.
- Bowel tests including leaky gut and parasite testing. Dr. Bean exclusively uses the company BiomeFX. She is a consultant for the company and has come to know their stool, along with other tests, very well. These are used to assess the health of the gastrointestinal tract and identify any pathogens that may be present.
- Hair Analysis: Assesses any on-going exposure to toxic minerals like lead, aluminum and mercury in the body.
- Urine Toxic Elements: Assesses the levels of toxic elements or “body burden” of metals like lead and mercury in the body.
- Blood-work: Conventional blood-work like cholesterol, blood sugar, full thyroid panel and iron. Naturopathic Doctors can only use Life Labs specifically.
- SIBO test: Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth is a condition that can lead to gastrointestinal symptoms including gas, bloating, nausea, constipation, diarrhea and is associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Armin Labs Lyme Testing: Lyme Disease increasing and we need to have access to more accurate testing to support a diagnosis of Lyme or co-infections